Does Transit Work Offline?
Here's what this article covers:
- Which Transit features work offline?
- How do I check schedules offline?
- Why does Transit put me in the wrong location when I'm offline?
Which Transit features work offline?
Many Transit features do work offline, allowing you to use the app even when you don't have access to wifi or data. Here's a breakdown of what changes once your phone goes offline:
|Available Offline||Not Available Offline|
How do I access schedules offline?
When you're connected, Transit automatically downloads the schedules in the background so that you can access them without internet access.
There are three ways to consult schedules offline:
#1. Transit shows your correct location and your stop is listed on the main screen:
- Find your line in the list.
- Tap the line.
- Tap More departures.
#2. Transit does not show your correct location:
- Tap the green search bar.
- Enter the name of the stop you're interested in.
- Tap on the three little dots located on the right side of the result that suits your needs.
- Press Show Nearby Lines.
- From here, you can view schedules as if you were at the stop (tap the line, then See Full Schedule).
#3. Transit does not show your correct location (option 2):
- Tap the search bar.
- Enter the route name or number.
- Tap the line.
- Select the direction and stop you're interested in to view the schedule.
Why does Transit put me in the wrong location when I'm offline?
Your phone's access to the internet (via mobile data or wifi) can really help improve Transit's location accuracy. When offline, the app uses your phone's GPS, which varies in accuracy depending on your phone.
Without access to data or wifi, your location accuracy may decrease. The blue circle around your position on the map indicates the radius of accuracy.