Plan a trip from A to B
To get directions from A to B, use Transit's trip planner. You can quickly navigate to your favorite locations and pull up addresses from your phone's calendar to plan your favorite routes.
Here's what this article covers:
Plan a Trip from A to B
- On the Main Screen, tap the search bar:
- Enter your destination.
Here you can: type an address, select a point on the map, select a favorite location, or pull up an address from your phone's calendar or contacts.
- Tap the search result you want and select Get Directions.
- Tap in the upper Current location field to change your starting point, if desired.
- Compare your options using public transport and other modes:
- Tap a trip to see more details:
*Note that station entrances will only be shown in select cities.
7. Tap GO to get step-by-step instructions during your trip.
Plan a Trip in Advance
- In the trip planner, tap Leave Now:
- Choose between Leave Now or Leave at or Arrive By options.
- Set the time you would like to leave or arrive.
- Choose the route that fits your schedule.
- Tap the bell icon to set up a reminder about this trip.
Get Trip Plans Instantly from the Main Screen
- Tap the instant ETA box at the right of the search bar:
- Transit will open the trip planner and display different ways to get to your destination.
Using your current location, saved locations, and time of day, Transit can predict where you’re most likely headed — whether it’s work, home, etc. As you move around your city, the search bar will update to show you estimated travel times to the predicted locations.