Get Notifications About Disruptions on Your Line
In select cities, you can keep on top of schedule changes, stop relocations, entrance closures and other unexpected surprises by subscribing to service alerts for your most frequent transit lines.
You can receive notifications straight to your phone when agencies publish alerts.
Here's what this article covers:
- Check service alerts
- Subscribe to service alerts
- Hide individual alerts
- Manage service alert subscriptions
Check service alerts
When there is an active alert, you'll see a little triangle next to the line number. Tap the line to get more information.
- Tap the Service alerts banner to consult the alert.
- Swipe left/right on the route or in the alerts screen to check whether there are active alerts for the opposite direction.
- If the alert is associated with a specific stop, you'll see a circle highlighting the affected stop on the map (red or yellow only). Tap the stop, then the callout to check alerts for the affected stop.
Pro tip: The color of an alert indicates how severe it is.
- Red alerts indicate that a stop is closed or there is significant disruption on the route
- Yellow alerts indicate that there is mild disruption on the route or a stop has been moved.
- Grey alerts indicate an upcoming disruption on the route or information about changes at a station or stop.
Entrance alerts are available in select cities to let you know if a station entrance is closed or if there's a problem. Alerts for station entrances follow the same color pattern with relation to severity (indicated above) as other service alerts.
Subscribe to service alerts
- From the main screen, tap the route you're interested in.
- Tap the star icon to set the route as a favourite and set up your alert subscription:
- Commute Hours are defined as 7 to 9 AM. and 4 to 7 PM. If you choose Commute hours only, you'll only receive push notifications for alerts that are published during those periods, during weekdays.
We know that not everyone commutes for the 9 to 5 time frame, so stay tuned for more flexibility in future updates!
Hide individual alerts
- In the service alert screen, tap the alert you want to hide.
- Select Hide alert from the popup menu.
- To unhide an alert, tap X hidden alert(s) (tap to view), then select Unhide alert.
Manage service alert subscriptions
- Tap the gear icon in the upper left hand corner of the main screen.
- Scroll down to My transit lines.
- Tap the line you're interested in.
- Tap Service alerts to change or remove your subscription: