How to Use Transit
Choose any topic below or scroll down for a quick intro to Transit.
- Check Nearby Departures & Track your Ride
- Plan a Trip
- Get Step-by-Step Directions with GO
- Use Uber, Lyft, Bikeshare & E-scooters
- Add Favorite Locations & Lines
Check Nearby Departures & Track your Ride
On Transit’s Main Screen you'll find a map with your location and a list of nearby transit routes including their next departure time:
To switch the direction for any route in the list, swipe across the route like this:
Real-time departures are marked with radio waves, so you know when the bus is really coming:
Tap any route to see later departures, find the nearest stop, and track your bus or your train: *Note that station entrances will only be shown in select cities.
Plan a Trip
1. On the Main Screen, tap the search bar:
2. Search for your destination.
3. Tap a search result.
4. Tap in the upper Origin field to change your starting point, if desired.
5. Compare your options using public transport and other modes:
6. Tap a trip to see more details: *Note that station entrances will only be shown in select cities.
7. Tap GO to get step-by-step instructions during your trip.
Get Step-by-Step Directions with GO
GO is Transit's personal trip companion. Tap GO to get timely notifications for when it's time to leave, when you should change lines, and when you should get off.
Using GO anonymously shares your bus or train's location with other users, improving the accuracy of real-time info in your city.
More info: What is GO crowdsourcing?
Use Uber, Lyft, Bikeshare & e-scooters
Transit isn't only for buses and trains!
Tap any link below for more info:
Add Favorite Locations & Lines
Add Favorite Lines for quick access & service-alert notifications:
More info: Save your Favorite Transit Line
Save Favorite Locations for faster searching & smart suggestions:
More info: Save your Favourite Locations