How to Use Transit
Choose any topic below or scroll down for a quick intro to Transit.
- Check Nearby Departures & Track your Ride
- Plan a Trip
- Get Step-by-Step Directions with GO
- Use Uber, Lyft, Bikeshare & E-scooters
- Add Favorite Locations & Lines
Check Nearby Departures & Track your Ride
On Transit’s Main Screen you'll find a map with your location and a list of nearby transit routes including their next departure time
To switch the direction for any route in the list, swipe across the route like this:
Real-time departures are marked with radio waves, so you know when the bus is really coming:
Tap any route to see later departures, find the nearest stop, and track your bus:
Plan a Trip
1. On the Main Screen, tap the search bar:
2. Search for your destination.
3. Tap a search result and select Get Directions.
4. Compare your options using public transport and other modes:
5. Tap a trip to see more details:
6. Tap GO to get step-by-step instructions during your trip.
Get Step-by-Step Directions with GO
GO is Transit's personal trip companion. Tap GO to get timely notifications for when it's time to leave, when you should change lines, and when you should get off.
Using GO anonymously shares your bus or train's location with other users, improving the accuracy of real-time info in your city.
- To start GO for a specific line, tap a line in the Main Screen and tap GO. Then, enter your desired destination stop.
- To start GO for a trip plan, tap GO in the trip plan detail screen.
Use Uber, Lyft, Bikeshare & e-scooters
Transit isn't only for buses and trains!
Tap any link below for more info:
- Order a ride with Uber, Lyft, or Ola
- Unlock a bikeshare bike
- Locate e-scooters & dockless bikes
- Reserve a carshare vehicle
Add Favorite Locations & Lines
Add Favorite Lines for quick access & service-alert notifications:
- Select the line you want in the list on the Main Screen, or type it into the "Where to?" search bar.
- Tap the star icon (⭐)
- If you're asked, choose whether to set up service alert notifications.
- Now the line appears at the top of the list in the Main Screen whenever you're nearby.
More info: Save your Favorite Transit Lines
Save Favorite Locations for faster searching & smart suggestions:
- Type the address into the search bar and select the correct result.
- Tap Add to Favorites
- Name your location and choose an icon for the map:
More info: Save your Home or Work