Buy Transit Tickets
In select cities, you can purchase transit tickets directly in the app. Plan your trip, track your ride, and buy your ticket all within Transit! Once you've made your purchase, you'll activate your ticket and either show your phone to the driver or scan the barcode when you hop on board.
Here's what this article covers:
- Buy a ticket
- Use a ticket
- Reset your account password
- Get help with your tickets
- Hide the ticket bar
- Update your payment method
Buy a ticket
When you open Transit in a city with mobile tickets available, a white bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. This bar offers you the option to buy a transit ticket.
To buy a ticket:
- Press Buy Ticket at the bottom of the main screen.
- Select your transit agency and/or traveller type (adult, student, senior, etc.), and the type of ticket you want to buy.
- Enter your email address.
- If you don't already have a Transit Account, follow the steps to create an account and enter your payment details.
- If you do already have a Transit Account, enter your password to sign in.
- Confirm your purchase.
- Choose whether to activate the ticket now or later.
- Tap the gear icon on the main screen to view and activate your tickets.
Use a pass or ticket
- Tap the gear icon at the top left of the main screen.
- Under My Tickets, choose the pass or ticket you want to use.
- Tap Activate next to the pass.
- Activate the pass shortly before you board.
- When you board, display the activated pass to the driver using your phone. Tap Show:
Reset your account password
- Enter your email address to sign in to your account.
- Select Forgot Password when you are prompted.
- Press Send email:
- On your phone, check your email for a message from Transit.
- Tap the Reset Password link in the email. The link will open in Transit.
- Follow the steps to reset your password and setup your payment details.
- Remember your new password!
Get help with your passes and tickets
To get help with your passes and tickets, contact the customer service department of your local transit agency. They can access your account information and will be able to help.
- 380 Express (Iowa): email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (319)-362-0375
- AC Transit (Oakland, CA): submit an online inquiry
- ARTM: STM, STL, RTL, exo (Montréal, QC): email support_chrono@artm
- Big Blue Bus (Santa Monica, CA): 1-310-451-5444 or submit an online inquiry
- CAT (Harrisburg, PA): email email@example.com or submit an online inquiry
- CAT (Savannah, GA): email firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Simi Valley Transit (Simi Valley, CA): submit an online inquiry or call (805) 583-6456
- CityBus of Greater Lafayette (Lafayette, IN): call (765) 742-7433 or submit an online inquiry
- Clallam Transit (Clallam County, WA): email email@example.com or call 800-858-3747
- DTA (Duluth, MN): submit an online inquiry or call 218–722-7283
- FAST (Fairfield and Suisun, CA): call (707) 422-2877
- GetBus (Bakersfield, CA): email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an online inquiry
- GO BG Transit (Bowling Green, KY): call (270) 782-3162
- Greater Dayton RTA: email email@example.com or call (937) 425-8300
- JTA (Jacksonville, FL): email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (904) 630-3181
- Kern Transit (Kern County, CA): call 800-323-2396
- Kingsport Area Transit Service (Kingsport, TN): call (423)224-2613
- Metro LA: call 1-213-922-6235 or 1-800-464-2111, or email email@example.com
- NECALG - Prairie Express/County Express Bus Service (Sterling, CO): call (970) 867-9409
- NFTA-Metro (Buffalo, NY): call 1-716-855-7211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nice Bus (Nassau County, NY): submit an online inquiry
- Omnitrans (San Bernardino, CA): call 1 (800) 966-6428 or submit an online inquiry
- rabbittransit (York, PA): email email@example.com or submit an online inquiry
- Redwood Coast Transit Authority (Del Norte County, CA): call (707) 464-6400
- Roam Transit (Banff, AB): submit an online inquiry
- RTA Central Maryland: call 1-800-270-9553, email RTAmobilityservices@transitRTA.com or submit an online inquiry
- RTC (Southern Nevada): 1-702-228-RIDE (7433) or submit an online inquiry
- RTD (Denver, CO): 1-303-299-6000 or use RTD's online customer comment form
- RTS (Rochester, NY): submit an online inquiry
- San Joaquin RTD (Stockton, CA): call (209) 943-1111 or submit an online inquiry
- Santa Clarita Transit (Santa Clarita, CA): call (661) 294-1287 or submit an online inquiry
- SolTrans (Vallejo/Benicia, CA): submit an online inquiry
- South Bend Public Transportation Corporation (Transpo) (South Bend, IN): email firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Catharines Transit Commission: call 1-905-687-5555
- St. Louis Metro: call 1-314-982-1406 or 1-618-271-7879, or email email@example.com
- The Bus (Springfield, MO): call (417) 831-8782 or submit an online inquiry
- The COMET (Columbia, SC): submit an online inquiry
- The Ride (Ann Arbor, MI): submit an online inquiry
- Vine Transit (Napa Valley, CA): submit an online inquiry
- Agencies participating in EZfare:
- Akron METRO RTA: call 1-330-762-0341 or 1-800-227-9905
- BCRTA: call 1-513-785-5237 or 1-855-42-BCRTA, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cincinnati Bell Connector: call 1-513-632-7699 or email email@example.com
- Laketran: call 1-888-525-3872 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- MCPT: call 1-330-723-9670 or 1-844-722-3800, or 1-800-750-0750 (TDD)
- Metro (Hamilton County): call 1-513-632-7575 or email email@example.com
- PARTA: call 1-330-678-7745
- Sandusky Transit System: call 1-419-621-8462
- SARTA: call 1-330-477-2782 (opt #2)
- TANK: call 1-859-331-8265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- TARTA: call 1-419-243-RIDE (7433); TTY users should contact 7-1-1 or 1-800-750-0750
- WRTA: call 1-330-744-8431 or 1-877-845-9782
Hide the ticket bar
You can hide the ticket bar in the Options menu. With the ticket bar disabled, you will still be able to purchase and access tickets from the profile screen.
- In the top left-hand corner of the screen, tap the gear icon:
- At the top of the screen, tap the middle slider icon:
- In the Options menu, scroll down to My transit options.
- Tap the circle next to Show ticket bar to disable it:
Update your payment method
Depending on which city you're located in, you can either update your payment method, delete it or both!
Read more here.