Buy Transit Tickets
In select cities, you can purchase transit tickets directly in the app. Plan your trip, track your ride, and buy your ticket all within Transit! Once you've made your purchase, activate your ticket and show your phone to the driver when you hop on board.
Here's what this article covers:
- Buy a ticket
- Use a ticket
- Reset your account password
- Update your payment method
- Get help with your tickets
- Hide the ticket bar
Buy a ticket
When you open Transit in a city with mobile tickets available, a white bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. This bar offers you the option to buy a transit ticket.
To buy a ticket:
- Press Buy Ticket at the bottom of the main screen.
- Select your transit agency and/or traveler type (adult, student, senior, etc.), and the type of ticket you want to buy.
- Enter your email address.
- If you don't already have a Transit Account, follow the steps to create an account and enter your payment details.
- If you do already have a Transit Account, enter your password to sign in.
- Confirm your purchase.
- Choose whether to activate the ticket now or later.
- Tap the gear icon on the main screen to view and activate your tickets.
Use a pass or ticket
- Tap the gear icon at the top left of the main screen.
- Under My Tickets, choose the pass or ticket you want to use.
- Tap Activate next to the pass.
- Activate the pass shortly before you board.
- When you board, display the activated pass to the driver using your phone. Tap Show:
Reset your account password
- Enter your email address to sign in to your account.
- Select Forgot Password when you are prompted.
- Press Send email:
- On your phone, check your email for a message from Transit.
- Tap the Reset Password link in the email. The link will open in Transit.
- Follow the steps to reset your password and setup your payment details.
- Remember your new password!
Update your payment method
If you've purchased a ticket in Transit in the past, you can update your payment information the next time you purchase a ticket using Transit.
1. After choosing your fare and selecting the number of tickets you want, you will be asked to confirm your purchase in the next step. Tap Payment method at the bottom of the screen.
2. Enter the new credit card information and press Save.
All future ticket purchases will now be charged on this new credit card.
Get help with your passes and tickets
To get help with your passes and tickets, contact the customer service department of your local transit agency. They can access your account information and will be able to help.
- Big Blue Bus: 1-310-451-5444 or submit an online inquiry
- GetBus: email email@example.com or submit an online inquiry
- Metro LA: call 1-213-922-6235 or 1-800-464-2111, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- NFTA-Metro: call 1-716-855-7211 or email email@example.com
- Omnitrans: call 1 (800) 966-6428 or submit an online inquiry
- RTC (Southern Nevada): 1-702-228-RIDE (7433) or submit an online inquiry
- RTD (Denver metro): 1-303-299-6000 or use RTD's online customer comment form
- RTS (Rochester, NY): submit an online inquiry
- St. Catharines Transit Commission: call 1-905-687-5555
- St. Louis Metro: call 1-314-982-1406 or 1-618-271-7879, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agencies participating in EZfare:
- Akron METRO RTA: call 1-330-762-0341 or 1-800-227-9905
- BCRTA: call 1-513-785-5237 or 1-855-42-BCRTA, or email email@example.com
- Cincinnati Bell Connector: call 1-513-632-7699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laketran: call 1-888-525-3872 or email email@example.com
- MCPT: call 1-330-723-9670 or 1-844-722-3800, or 1-800-750-0750 (TDD)
- Metro (Hamilton County): call 1-513-632-7575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- PARTA: call 1-330-678-7745
- Sandusky Transit System: call 1-419-621-8462
- SARTA: call 1-330-477-2782 (opt #2)
- TANK: call 1-859-331-8265 or email email@example.com
- TARTA: call 1-419-243-RIDE (7433); TTY users should contact 7-1-1 or 1-800-750-0750
- WRTA: call 1-330-744-8431 or 1-877-845-9782
- Greater Dayton RTA: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hide the ticket bar
You can hide the ticket bar in the Options menu. With the ticket bar disabled, you will still be able to purchase and access tickets from the profile screen.
- In the top left-hand corner of the screen, tap the gear icon:
- At the top of the screen, tap the middle slider icon:
- In the Options menu, scroll down to My transit options.
- Tap the circle next to Show ticket bar to disable it: